Travel videos and vlogs are my favorite way of documenting memories from my trips! They’re more fun and make your viewers feel like they’re on the trip with you. I’ve made a few travel videos, and I wanted to share some of my travel video tips with all of you!
- Do your research. Look at other travel videos for inspiration. Some of my favorites are from Claire Marshall, Sara Dietschy, Ben Brown, and JacksGap.
- Plan your shots. You need an idea of what type of video you want to make so that you can be sure to get the shots that you really want. But leave room for error! Sometimes, your video will end up differently than what you had originally planned.
- Hold your shots longer than expected. I’d say for at least 6 seconds. Trust me, once you get to editing, you’ll thank me later.
- Get a variety of shots. Get different types of subjects. Think about shooting from other perspectives. Leave your camera around for a cool time lapse.
- Think about your audience. What would you want to see when you watch a travel video?
Here’s an example of one of my favorite travel videos I’ve made! I hope these tips help all of you and I can’t wait to see what videos you make! xoxo, Kelly