Sweetheart OF The Month:
1. Please introduce yourself! We’d love to get to know you.
I’m a California girl that loves traveling with my family, singing in my worship band at church, and taking creative photos.
I have two adorable fluffy dogs that bring so much joy to my life. I absolutely love shopping and taking on the challenge to find cute modest clothing, even at Forever 21. It can be done.
2. How have you adopted a simplistic lifestyle?
Sticking to a schedule and trying to be organized everyday, is one way I have a simplistic lifestyle. I also got the idea to start a capsule wardrobe. Filled with only the pieces that you love, this concept completely changed how I get ready for the day! I take a small number of clothing items and try my best to make as many outfits with them as I can. It’s a creative way to make the most of each piece of clothing in your wardrobe. I’ve found the capsule wardrobe to be ideal in that it helps me to coordinate my clothing and make me feel comfortable + beautiful!
3. What is your favorite piece of literature and why?
My favorite piece of literature is the sequel to Homer’s Iliad, “The Odyssey.” It’s a ancient Greek book filled with adventure, mythical gods, and romance.
4. The Sweetheart persona is all about kindness. Who has had the biggest influence in your life when it comes to being taught how to be “kind?”
I would say my parents have been the biggest influence on how to be kind. They have taught me to care for others, as I would like to be cared for.
5. The Sweetheart persona is all about being in good company. What is your favorite memory with your friends?
I love spending time in the mountains with friends. My favorite thing to do is spend a day at the lake, kayaking, boating, and swimming. I absoutley love our Colorado ski trips with family & friends.
6. What makes your heart beat? What do you believe in, stand for, and want to tell others about?
I absolutely love gift giving. It’s kinda weird, but I love watching people open gifts and seeing their excitement and joy. I believe in the living God who desperately wants us to know how much He loves us, and if I could talk about anything with someone, I would talk about the joy of knowing Christ as our Redeemer.
7. What is your favorite quote or a saying you live by?
“Set your mind on things above and not on earthly things.” (Colossians 3:2)
As a girl who loves shopping, which is obviously a worldly pleasure, I think it’s really important to worship the gift giver – not the gifts. So this verse is a reminder for me to always do that.
8. If you could describe your ideal day, how would it go?
My ideal day starts with reading God’s word in the morning, spending time with family and friends, and going on fun road trips to the mountains!