Spring is filled with so many opportunities to show off your inner Sweetheart! She enjoys spending her weekends in her kitchen, cooking, and baking her favorite delicious treats for small gatherings hosted in her backyard, which is what springtime is all about. This trifle is so simple to make and is perfect for any Spring gathering. The great thing about trifles is that they are so easy to subsitute and customize the ingredients for different seasons or dietary restrictions. So without further ado, let’s make like some bunnies and hop right into this recipe.
- 1 – store-bought angel food cake
- 3 – 6oz containers of strawberry yogurt
- 2 – containers of fresh strawberries, cut into quarters (try to keep each container of quartered strawberries seperate because one half will be used for the strawberry puree and the other will be kept quartered and layered in the trifle)
- 1 – tablespoon of sugar
- 2 – cups whipped cream (I make mine homemade because it tastes 110% better and is super simple to make, but feel free to use cool whip or the canned whipped cream)
Make the strawberry puree:
Using one of the containers of quartered strawberries add the tablespoon of sugar and then mash with either a masher or a fork, mash until the strawberries become a puree but are not completely liquified.
The whipped cream:
Because I prefer using homemade whipped cream in my trifle I thought I’d share a super simple recipe for it, so to make the whipped cream all you’ll need is:
- 1 – 16oz container of heavy whipping cream
- 4 – tablespoons of sugar
I reccomend doing this in two batches, so I just whip 1 cup of the heavy whipping cream with 2 tablespoons of sugar in my kitchenaid mixer with the whisk attachment and the repeat with the other half and there you go, you’ve just made your own homemade whipped cream! But like I mentioned before cool whip or canned whipped cream also work just as well.
Now here comes the fun part… actually putting together this beauty! You can layer this however you choose but I usually do:
- Angel food cake
- Quartered strawberries
- Whipped cream
- Strawberry puree
Repeat steps 1-5 until you’ve run out of all your ingredients, then top it all off with quartered strawberries arranged in a cute, Instagram worthy way and you’ve got yourself the perfect springtime trifle that is sure to have everyone hopping with joy.