Easter is just around the corner! Which means you probably have some of those plastic eggs laying around somewhere in your house (or in the attic in my case). So I thought of the idea to make these cute Easter Egg Bath Bombs using the plastic eggs as a mold, well long story short that was a complete fail and when I tried to remove the mixture from the molds they completely crumbled apart. But the mixture still makes a nice, moisturizing, and fragrant bath soak; so that’s what we’re going to call it here. So let’s hop right into this bath bomb, ahem, I mean bath soak recipe.
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup epsom salts (a great muscle relaxer for all you stressed out bunnies out there)
- 2 teaspoons essential oils
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (I popped mine into the microwave for 10 seconds to remove any clumps)
- 4 to 5 drops of food coloring (optional)
- (I added sprinkles into these just for the heck of it but that’s completely optional)
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk completely.
- Add all wet ingredients to a separate small bowl and mix. (The food coloring and oils are not likley to mix completely, since the first ingredient in most food colorings are water, but just stir until they are mostly combined.)
- SLOWLY incorporate the oil mixture into your dry ingredients, mixing as you go. (If you notice the mixture starting to foam you might be adding too much liquid so just take this step nice and slow.)
- I spritzed my mixture with some water to make it crumbly in attempt for it to hold it’s shape once it was in the egg, but we all know how that turned out, so that step is optional.
- If you choose not to add the water then you’re pretty much done at this point, just spoon that bath soak mixture into your egg molds and then empty into your bathtub once you’re ready to enjoy a nice bath.
Leave a Reply