1) Tell us a little bit about yourself and why you consider yourself a Creative.
Until this last year, I hadn’t considered myself a “Creative’, at least not in a noun since. I have been naturally drawn to creating since I was a small child; however, finding time to create as a 25 year old working adult had proven itself it be one of the toughest daily challenges of my life! This is where blogging came into play. My friends and I started Oak and Earth blog on a whim to stay connected with each other and to stay connected to creative work. Since then, I have found ways to use my creativity in every day life. Maybe I don’t have time to do a painting until 3:00 a.m. like I did in college, but I do creative things all throughout day. With some inspiration from a few mentors, I started my free lance website Bethany Poteet Creative. BPC combines what I studied in college (Corporate Communication) with what I love to do (create)! I get to create for other people through social media and visual media, and that makes me happier than ever.
2) Who inspires you the most?
I don’t think I could name anyone specifically, but women who take the leap to do what they love is so inspirational to me!
3) What is the last book you’ve read and what is your favorite book you’ve read?
I have more time to flip through inspirational magazines than I do to read novels! My favorite magazine right now is Belong magazine.
4) How do you best express yourself/ your creative side?
I best express my creative side with strong composition. Whether that’s for a blog story, Instagram, or composing a music piece, I love to put things together in a way that someone might not see at a first glance.
5) What is your favorite piece you’ve ever created and when did you create it?
Definitively my website! My husband and I put it together a few months ago. It’s my favorite piece because I finally found a way to express how I think and how I see the world in one small stop on the internet.
6) What would be your biggest and wildest dream concerning your creative talent?
I would love to work as a full time blogger and run a creative workshop with my gals of Oak and Earth!
7) What would be a perfect ideal day for you?
I’m a simple gal. I would love to wake up at 6:00 a.m. but not feel tired. I would eat drink coffee with my husband and eat breakfast with my girlfriends on a beautiful patio. I could seriously spend the rest of the day listening to great music and flipping through inspirational magazines at my favorite coffee shop. I would eat home made stew for dinner and go to bed peacefully. That would be a simple day well spent.
8) If you could only have one tool for the rest of your life to express your creativity with, what would it be and why?
Definitely my guitar, because music is universal.
9) If you were a character in a book, who would you be and why?
I would be Deborah from the Bible! Such an incredible woman of strength! She impresses me so much.
10) What kind of music do you listen to when you’re in your studio?
Definitely headphones full of soft electro pop from my favorite Canadian artist, LIGHTS.